Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Games I'm excited about.


So back in August Zach and I went to pax prime, which just so happens to take place at the convention center. We went for all three days and we got to play a lot of different things. 

1. Assassin's Creed III - October 30th, 2012

This was actually the first thing we went to go see. They didn't have a playable demo at the time but they did have one of the programmers play one for us. I have to admit that despite interest in this series, I have never played any of them. I actually don't play many games because they are incredibly expensive. I was immediately interested about this title because of the setting, which is the American Colonies in 1775. You play a Native American who is obviously not so happy about what's going on. The demo was really great, I've been told that the previous titles weren't as smooth as they should have been, but this one looks perfect.

2. The Last of Us - June 1st, 2013

I don't own a PS3, so I'm going to have to play this one at a friend's house, but this is probably the best looking game we saw at pax. The terrain is just really nice to look at, and combined with the use of objects and story it just seems really well-rounded. 

3. Injustice: Gods Among Us - April 1st, 2013

I am not a DC girl. This was a game we played because the line was short, there was a free gift, and the staff were practically begging people to line up. It was however one of the best games we played there. I'm really into fighting games and this had everything I like in one. Cool combos, well-designed characters, cool stages. It was also really easy to pick up and play, which I appreciated. It's DC characters but it's made by the people who do Mortal Kombat, so they know what they're doing. This is a game I plan on owning, I've even considered getting live again to play online. It impressed me that much. Also, Nightwing.

4. ZombiU - November 18, 2012

This is the game that helped to dull a bit of the skepticism around the WiiU. It really shows the functions of the new touch screen, and also is just a really fun Zombie game. The graphics are really great, too. Which is something people like to complain about when it comes to Nintendo. I personally don't care, but it did look really good. 

5. New super Mario Brothers U - November 18, 2012

There isn't actually much to say about this one. I love Super Mario Bros, and it was really fun on the WiiU. The separate screen made it really fun (I enjoyed myself a bit too much while violently shaking it too fly higher) and you really can't go wrong with Super Mario Bros.

The game I would give an "honorable mention" would definitely be Dishonored. I wasn't that into it, but it was really good, and happens to be out already. So that would be something cool to pick up.

Thanks for reading! Next post will be either a lens review or a lash review or both! 
Thanks ♥

1 comment: