Monday, March 12, 2012

Some plans for the next few months.

Hello, I'm sorry for the little break I had to take, I feel much better now and this post is going to be focused on this summer and fall. I'll be out of school and hopefully working in August, so I have a lot of plans. Some of them are just for fun and some are to help me get my life together.


This month I'm going around to different local bakeries to check them out because in about four months I have to do my externship. I would like it to be payed, and I would like to find somewhere that could turn into a more permanent position as opposed to just a six week run. I'm also thinking that I want to work in a place that does mostly breads and pastries instead of cakes. I hate cakes. I need to get better at cake assembly but I absolutely do not plan on building my career around them or near them if I can help it. I'm really liking my breads and viennoiserie class, I find bread making very calming and enjoyable. I have several places I need to check out, but I think I want to try a place nearby that I've had my eye on. So we'll just see.

I want to really commit further to gyaru this summer, but I'm not sure I'll have enough money and I still haven't been able to find anyone in western Washington who is interested in it. I'm going to keep searching, and maybe start spending more time in the international district where girls with similar interests may be hanging out. Once I get a job I'll still probably be living at home for awhile, so I can buy a few things before I start saving up.

This spring and summer I am going to try to buy a bike. I haven't had a bike since I was about 12 years old and I realized that even if I get my driver's licence I really don't like the idea of paying $4 a gallon for gas, that's just stupid. So I've been looking for a cute, nicely made, and fairly priced town bike. I figure that I can ride it to work after I graduate and it will be good exercise. Here are some that I've been looking at. The first three are all about $200.
And this beauty is about $500.


I've been reading a lot and I really don't want a bike that will break or become uncomfortable to ride in a year or two. I want something that is nice to ride and will last me years. Unfortunately many people are telling me that I absolutely will not find that kind of quality at a store like target or sears, and that I will need to spend at least $300 dollars. Since I don't have a job yet (and I'm getting this bike so that I can get a job), I'm going to have a really hard time scraping together the money to pay for a decent bike. I mean, I'll be honest the first thing I'm looking for in a bike is how it looks, but I'm not going to buy a piece of junk just because it's cheap and cute. Ugh, I don't know what to do, maybe I'll put up posters offering to walk dogs and mow lawns or something. A bike will help with my weight loss, too.

So, the final thing I'm starting to think about is a bit more long term. Moving out. My boyfriend and I are talking about moving out together as soon as we both have all of our plans in order (transportation, employment, enrolling in school in his case). Since he will probably be in school, the plan is to get me making money too, but we will still be making very little even if these plans go surprisingly well. I really want to move out and support myself, it's nice that I'll probably have Zach with me, but I planned to be out by the time I'm 20 anyway. I turn 20 in December, so I'm really pushing myself to stick to my timeline and reach my goals.

That's it for tonight, I'm really sorry if this post is too long and boring. I promise that the next one will be more fun. 

Thank you for reading, I appreciate it ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment